European project "Media for us too!" aims to enhance the general public's perception on migration and migrants. In the framework of the project, journalist trainings of migrants will be realised and a new multimedia strategy will be developed. A print attachment to a national free newspaper will be published in 8 European countries on the same day.Activities of the project:
- Media training of young migrants from third countries (Programme of the training)
- Photo competition "Coctail of Cultures“
- Production of multimedia outputs by young migrants (articles, photos, audio, video)
- Publishing a specialised insert of free newspaper METRO in November 2012
- International conference on 4-5 December 2012 in Prague
- Project website www.media4us.cz
The project is realised in cooperation with organisations from seven European countries. We believe that thanks to its broad territorial scope as well as project activities, we will encourage immigrants to participate in the host societies and to contribute to the discussion about cultural diversity in the European Union.
Duration of the project: 9/2011 - 3/2013
Coordinator of the project in the Czech Republic:
Tel: (+420) 296 325 346
The project is supported by the European Integration Fund
and Embassy of the United States.